Frozen green beans is used both as a side dish and as an independent dish. Finished beans harmonize perfectly with meat, poultry or fish. For 20 minutes you can cook a lean and hearty meal at home.
Cooking in a pan with an egg
The finished bean stew with eggs turns out very juicy. The composition contains the optimal amount of protein for a full breakfast.
- green beans - 500 g;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- vegetable oil - ½ tsp;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Rinse the beans with water and cut into pieces. The smaller the size, the faster the dish will be cooked. Peel the onions and chop them for roasting.
- Prepare a pan to extinguish: put on fire, grease with oil.
- Fry the onions until golden brown, lay out the pods and add water so that the liquid does not completely cover them.
- Add salt, ground pepper and stir.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. After pouring in the beaten eggs and cook another 10 minutes on low heat.
By the time the eggs are added, the water should evaporate. If the beans are still tough, add some water and cook until soft. So that the dish does not fall apart until the porridge mass and the pods remain intact, drain the excess water, and put the pan on low heat.
How to cook green beans in the oven
For cooking in the oven, frozen green beans are used, which do not require additional processing. The packaged bags from the store are already peeled and sorted vegetables.
- green beans - 1 kg;
- water - 2 l;
- butter - 70 g;
- flour - 50 g;
- milk - 1 l;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- lemon peel - 1 tbsp. l
- Pour the water into the pot and put on the fire. When boils, salt and add the pods. After 5 minutes, drain the liquid and put the boiled pods on a baking dish greased with butter (20 g).
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
- Mix butter in a saucepan, add flour and mix. Then add milk, zest and grated cheese. When the liquid thickens slightly, mix with the beans and bake in the oven.
- After 15 minutes the dish is ready.
If there is no lemon zest, it will be replaced by lemon juice in the same amount. For serving, lay a portion of the dish on each plate, sprinkle with breadcrumbs on top and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Recipe in a multivariate
The recipe is similar to stewed beans, but it helps to reduce the time of direct participation in the kitchen several times.
- green beans - 400 g;
- carrots - 2 pcs .;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- Coriander - ½ tsp;
- salt - 1 tsp.
- Cut the beans, chop the carrots on a coarse grater, and chop the onion finely.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except tomato paste.
- Put stew for 30 minutes. 10 minutes before readiness add tomato paste and mix.
Cooking in a slow cooker is a dietary option that will suit even those who stick to a diet and want to lose weight. For lovers of recipes that are saturated with fat, you can additionally fry onions and carrots before adding in the "Frying" or "Baking" mode.
The shelf life of frozen green beans is 6 months. When used after this time, the product loses its beneficial properties and will cause the opposite effect.
- Green beans contain a lot of vitamins and minerals that positively affect the human nervous and digestive systems.
- Do not use it in unlimited quantities, especially the elderly, and those who suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, ulcers).
- During cooking, you need to drain the first water so that after eating, the beans do not cause gas formation.
Frozen green beans has unique properties - it retains more nutrients than fresh. In addition, the pods are not affected by toxins and fumes from the environment. It is a low-calorie and dietetic food product, from which it is easy to make side dishes, salads and festive dishes.